Recommendations and Shout Outs:
- All in One podcast hosted by Jordyn
- 6th Annual Knit-a-Thon for the Young Adult Institute
We are giving away a copy of Sarah Punderson’s new shawl pattern, Rippling and, courtesy of Sarah, we are sweetening the deal with giving away an additional pattern — winner’s choice. We drew two random winners: post number 32, who is flamefingers, has won the Rippling pattern and post number 205, who is lmermd, has won a pattern of her choice! Congratulations, you guys. Contact Stacie for your prize.
Month of Socks:
This week we discussed doing a gauge swatch, how to decide on your stitch count, and different methods for casting on. Here are some links to help you out:
- Swatching in the Round
- Long tail cast on
- Twisted German cast on
- Turkish cast on
- Figure 8 cast on
- Judy’s Magic cast on
Our chat thread is open. Come join us!
Month of Socks prizes:
So far we will have a sock needle set of Knitter’s Pride Nova Cubics and a Lavishea bar (courtesy of Stefanie), a bag donated by Suburban Stitcher, bags donated by Ploverbird, and yarn donated by Western Sky Knits to give away at the end of Month of Socks and Stitch Surfer KAL. Thank you to all of our generous donors!
Stacie is working on:
- Rippling shawl in Must Stash Yarn & Fiber
- Sock Swatch in Must Stash Yarn & Fiber in Martian Rainbow
Steph is working on:
- Foolproof Cowl in String Theory Caper and Hazel Knits Entice
- Keynote in Brooks Farm Tenino DK
- No-Purl Monkeys in Indulgence
- No Purl Monkey socks in Gynx BFL sock
Steph finished spinning:
- Australian Merino Top from FiberObsessions in the Aquatic Adventure colorway
“Over the Moon” kits available at Little Skein until May 16
Louise Tilbrook has offered a coupon code in honor of Month of Socks. Use SOCKSINMAY to receive 25% off one pattern until May 7th.
Steph neglected to mention she was wearing her Grace cardigan.
Find us at: